Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sieze the ... night!

I've been putting off posting to the blog because there are so many amazingly cool things I want to share with you and I wanted a big chunk of time to give them their due. But that hasn't happened yet. I think this blog might be a good lesson in my relationships with God and other people as well. You just can't wait for that huge, perfect stretch of time to take advantage of the relationship, you simply dive in, even in the (beautiful) messiness of life.
We did that last night with a cool Pakistanian/Bosnian family we met at a cell phone shop downtown. We randomly went over and hung out at 8pm and didn't go to bed until 1:30. Yes, I was tempted to turn down the invitation and stick with Liam's routine and have a quiet night, but then we would only continue talking about having a relationship with these folks and never actually do it if we waited for the perfect time. So I guess this is a Carpe Diem kind of week. I am paying for it a bit now, but so glad we made the choice to act on where God is leading us. While it was just a simple get-together, we think He has a kingdom purpose for us meeting this family. (Besides, we got to eat pizza, and how can you turn down THAT?)

No comments:

Post a Comment